The WTxHITREC provides consulting services and technical expertise to West Texas health care providers and hospitals, in the 108 western counties of Texas, to assist them in selecting, implementing, and achieving meaningful use of certified EHR products, in addition to, assisting with practice management solutions.
Click on the blue text to expand
- Meaningful use gap analysis
- Medicaid and Medicare incentive payment registration/attestation support
- Incentive payment audit preparedness
- Education and Outreach
- Materials, training events and programs on selecting, implementing and meaningfully using EHR technology to improve quality and value of health care.
- EHR vendor selection
- Assessment of facility’s practice setting and IT needs -- consultation on IT vendor selection, EHR acquisition, implementation, maintenance and upgrades. WTxHITREC Regional Coordinator will assist in the evaluation of each product, including frequently asked questions during EHR demonstrations. WTxHITREC is vendor-neutral and supports ONC certified EHR products.
- Workflow mapping and redesign
- Provider Site with EHR: Consultation with Provider to develop a practice and workflow redesign plan for attaining Meaningful Use. WTxHITREC Regional Coordinator (RC) will detail the workflow assessment and design for selected workflows. In addition, RC will work with Provider and IT vendor(s) to devise a plan and timeline for achieving the plan to get the provider to Meaningful Use of the EHR. Initial assessment includes detailed Meaningful Use gap analysis.
- Provider Site without EHR: Consultation with Provider to develop a practice and workflow redesign plan for taking the practice from paper to an electronic environment. WTxHITREC Regional Coordinator will detail workflow assessment and design on selected workflows and “Meaningful Use” gap analysis.
- Hospital Site: Consultation with Facility to develop a practice and workflow redesign plan for attaining Meaningful Use.
- EHR implementation and go-live support
- Privacy and security
- Information regarding best practices for maintaining privacy and security of electronic PHI in compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations. WTxHITREC will provide assistance with development of privacy and security policies.
- Project management
- Provider Site: WTxHITREC Regional Coordinator assignment as “project manager” with responsibility for maintenance of timelines and vendor management.
- Hospital Site: WTxHITREC Regional Coordinator assigned to the hospital to provide a strategic plan that outlines the Facility’s roadmap to achieve Meaningful Use and access financial incentives.
- Functional Interoperability and Health Information Exchange
- Advise organization about connections to available health information exchange infrastructures, including State-based shared utilities or directory services, and assessment of functional interoperability needs for achieving electronic management and exchange support of administrative transactions, prescribing, laboratory orders and results, quality and public health reports, patient summaries, and other information necessary to achieve continuity across the spectrum of care.
- Access to the collective intelligence of Regional Extension Centers across the county
- Part of a national network of 62 regional extension centers with direct, rapid and reliable access to a pipeline of key information on health IT and meaningful use. Able to offer health care providers a combination of national insight and local expertise on the impact of EHRs in medical practice.
- Patient-Centered Medical Home Education and Support
- Under the new service line agreement: If requested, WTxHITREC will provide the organization with general PCMH education and support regarding requirements to participate in a PCMH program, which will include providing an assessment of the organization’s practice and consultation on any quality and performance standards needed to achieve PCMH recognition.
- Accountable Care Organization Education and Support
- Under the new service line agreement: If requested, WTxHITREC will provide the organization with general ACO education and support regarding requirements to form or join an ACO, which will include providing an assessment of the organization’s practice and consultation on any quality and performance standards needed to form or join an ACO.
- ICD-10 Transformation
- Telehealth/Telemedicine Medical Services Support